Hapa Collaborative is a landscape architecture and urban design practice established with placemaking, attentiveness and collaboration in mind. We see each project as an opportunity to partner, to dream big and to synthesize ideas wrought from many, often opposing, influences. Our goal with each commission is to evoke the poetry of the place and in doing so reveal something delightful but perhaps previously unseen. Most of all, Hapa Collaborative is a new voice for contemporary landscape design and a small, agile and fresh alternative to traditional landscape architecture practice. Our studio of eighteen people is a fast-paced daily collaboration between people of different backgrounds and a mix of skills and specializations. We love the fact that this mix is present in our design process and in the final built results.
We are looking to add a full-time Landscape Architect/Landscape Designer with project management experience to our team. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, personable, collaborative, and experienced in all aspects of the tasks required in a landscape architecture design office.
Candidates for this position should possess, at a minimum:
· 5 years of experience at a landscape architecture design office.
· A degree in Landscape Architecture or related discipline from an accredited program.
· Eligibility for membership in the BCSLA. Registration is considered an asset but not a requirement.
· Experience managing projects as part of a team environment.
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Sketch-Up and/or Rhino.
· Proficiency using CAD software to prepare drawings for permit and construction sets. AutoCAD preferred but not required.
· Excellent sense of spatial design and superior written, graphic, and oral communication skills in English.
· Ability to be inquisitive, unafraid to ask questions, and work as a self-starting individual as part of a collaborative team.
· Interest in and experience with Contract Administration.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
· Managing projects independently and with teammates in a collaborative office environment.
· Coordinating work with other consultants, and the preparation of construction plans, details, and specifications, permit sets, and managing client relationships.
· Background review work including site analysis, design research, precedent study, surveys, zoning and planning studies.
· Overseeing and mentoring junior designers with digital and physical modelling, preparing materials for public consultation and client meetings, design drawings including illustrative plans, sections and elevations, and character sketches and renderings.
· Contributing to office management and culture through sub-committees, assisting with proposal and fee writing, and public engagement.
Hapa offers an exciting work environment within a vibrant, experimental design team, with opportunities for mentorship and growth into a role with greater responsibility. We offer a competitive base salary, a profit-sharing plan, and benefits including an extended health plan and a ‘Hapa Days’ volunteer incentive. If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in hearing more about the position described above, please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all interest, only qualified individuals will be contacted.