WSP is currently seeking for a Landscape Technologist for our Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design Studio (PLAUD). This position is based in our Kelowna office, reporting to the Director of PLAUD, Western Canada. The successful candidate will collaborate with a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team in the completion of planning and conceptual design through to detailed design and construction administration services for a wide variety of landscape architectural and master planning projects in the private, public and institutional sectors.
· Preparation of conceptual design and construction-level digital drawings and specifications, including cost estimating;
· Development of meeting minutes and presentations;
· Proposal coordination and business development materials;
· Coordination with project managers and other office staff on production and design-related issues; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology or University Degree in Landscape Architecture or combination of related education and experience;
· 1+ year of work experience in a consulting environment. A background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered;
· Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required;
· Experience in, production of design and presentation drawings and contract documents is essential. . Field experience is considered an asset;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude and ability to coordinate and communicate with clients, contractors and various professional disciplines;
· Knowledge of local landscape conditions, drawings and construction standards is preferable; and
· Experience with AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up, Word and Excel are required. Experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, as well as hand-drawing skills, will be considered as strong assets.