eta landscape architecture is a progressive, award winning Vancouver based landscape architecture firm with over 25 years experience in the full spectrum of landscape typologies, with a focus on sustainability and high quality design. We approach each project focused on client and user needs, on innovative and creative design, and always with a sensitivity to the environment. As a firm, we strive to work in a way that promotes a collaborative and supportive approach not only within the office but also with the clients and consultants we work with every day. We are a hard working office yet strive to allow a balance in life. Our portfolio of work can be viewed at www.etala.ca
eta is seeking a Senior Landscape Architect with a minimum of 8 years of experience working in a landscape architectural office. This is a leadership position with responsibility for overseeing projects, design development and construction documentation, client management, and staff oversight and mentoring.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead design, assist with detailing and oversee production of working drawings.
- Manage complex projects and provide design leadership on public and private projects.
- Assisting in the development of new landscape architecture business including: responding to requests for proposals and preparation of proposals.
- Apply your project management experience to the successful delivery of projects including leading the preparation of contract drawings documents, tender and contract administration services including site reviews and construction administration
Candidates for this Full-time position should have:
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from accredited program.
- A member of the BCSLA, or have the ability to be licensed in BC for the practice of Landscape Architecture.
- A portfolio that illustrates the diversity of work completed as a Landscape Architect.
- Superior design and technical knowledge with an understanding of construction details, grading and layout plans, planting plans etc.
- Experience managing staff, client relations and complex projects.
- Experience with Build Green and LEED.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present ideas and lead strategic discussions.
- Ability to meet challenging project deadlines.
- High level of proficiency in the following software: Vectorworks, Autocad, Word, Excel, InDesign, Photoshop. As eta is a Vectorworks based office, the successful candidate will be expected to become proficient if not already.
- Current driver’s license in good standing is required.
Anticipated Start date will be January 2018.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
Please forward a letter of interest, your resume and portfolio examples outlining your experience to: