Landscape/ Urban Designer
Providing sustainable and ecological planning and landscape architecture services for neighbourhoods, communities, and regions, Stantec’s Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design group is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals, who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference. Our team members have unique opportunities to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams on large and small-scale projects. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
We are landscape architects and urban designers with a strong vision for innovative and collaborative work and the design of public spaces. Our mission is to provide and support communities with sustainable landscape and urban architecture. We focus on small pop-ups and large urban parks, community master plans, residential neighbourhoods, or linear infrastructure with active and passive transportation hubs. We believe in bringing meaning to the spaces we design, and we often brainstorm about our design story. We do this because we’re part of communities we live in— just like you!
Do you have a collaborative mindset? Are you open to ideas but can exercise critical thinking through the design process? Are you excited about the challenge and passionate about landscape architecture and urban design work?
Join our Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design team.
Our Vancouver office is seeking an Entry–Level Landscape Designer / Designer to join our landscape architecture and urban design group in British Columbia. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in unique design projects across Western Canada and North America while working interactively with our design team, clients, municipalities and the public on a broad range of projects.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter online at www.stantec.com/careers
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Please apply online using Stantec's portal:
Education and Experience
- 1-5 years of professional experience in a landscape architecture office or equivalent of professional, educational or landscape construction experience
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university, or a diploma focused on landscape architecture-based projects, or a combination of related education and experience
Please provide a portfolio of your project work, either in pdf format or with link to an online portfolio site, for review.
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design drafting and detailing within an AutoCAD, Sketchup and Rhino environment
- Production of various design-related deliverables with a variety of digital and hand media
- Collaborating and supporting team lead and staff with various aspects of the profession including but not limited to concept and detail design, reports, cost estimates, construction administration and public engagement
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong graphic and digital design and documentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and self- motivating individual who is passionate about changing and promoting landscape architecture and urban design
Technical skills required:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to utilize modeling and rendering software such as Sketchup, Rhino and rendering engines like Lumion, Twinmotion etc.
- Working knowledge of Landfx and interest in Grasshopper software is not required but considered an asset