Donohoe Living Landscapes is seeking a Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer for a full-time position in our growing company.
We require a well-rounded individual who is resourceful, skilled, inquisitive, conscientious, driven, and personable - someone passionate about what they do, who loves to inspire those around them, and who prides themselves on being a creative problem solver. This position will focus on providing expertise to the rest of our amazing team and leading design projects from conception to construction. You will coordinate and assist in the production of documents for conceptual designs, as well as assist in the creation of our spectacular working drawing sets. You will also play a lead role in client acquisition and management, and provide support to our project manager during the construction of our custom landscapes.
While Donohoe Living Landscapes has recently launched a new name, branding, and website; for more than a decade we have been developing thoughtful, bespoke landscapes for single-family homes throughout British Columbia. Our focus is to develop architecturally strong, multi-sensory spaces that connect people to their family, friends, and nature. We create landscapes that make a difference in the lives of our clients, and push the boundaries of everyone who experiences them. We have many exciting upcoming projects in 2021 and beyond for you to help bring to life.
Our office is currently following government Covid-19 protocols, which will be discussed further with the successful applicant. We provide competitive wages and an extended medical benefits package. We are enthusiastic about finding the candidate that wants to be part of our growing, purpose-led team.
- A University undergraduate or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or an equivalent design field, with a BCSLA membership or internship an asset;
- Ideally 4+ years of experience in a professional design firm creating intricate, art-influenced, custom designs;
- Ability to review create construction drawing packages, including drainage, grading, and construction details;
- Ability to lead a team of designers, horticulturalists, and project managers;
- Local plant knowledge and planting design skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality design work and presentations;
- Proficient computer skills with Vectorworks, Sketch-Up (or alternative 3D modelling program), and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Familiarity with municipal permitting practices;
- A communicative, affable personality;
- Most importantly, a dynamic and adventurous approach to design.
Please take the time to review our new website at: www.donohoelivinglandscapes.com. If you think you would be a good fit, please say hello and send relevant information to: [email protected]. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for considering us for the future of your career. We can’t wait to hear from you!