Hapa Collaborative is a landscape architecture and urban design practice established with placemaking, attentiveness and collaboration in mind. We are growing and looking to add to our fast paced landscape architecture and urban design practice. We are interested in adding an Intermediate to senior level landscape architect/designer with a minimum of three years of practical experience and a solid foundation in all aspects of landscape architecture. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, personable and collaborative with knowledge of construction methods, materials and contract administration and preferably local knowledge or experience. This position brings with it the opportunity to assume an increased leadership role and help shape the direction of the practice over time.
• Minimum three years of experience in landscape architecture or a related professional practice. Professional registration is desirable but not necessary;
• Experience with project management, construction documentation, contract administration and proposal writing;
• Experience and interest in managing and mentoring a design team of junior and intermediate level designers and administrative staff;
• An interest in guiding construction documentation and administration procedures for the entire studio;
- Conversant in contract and specification standards, cost estimation, project scheduling and coordination of sub-consultants;
- High fluency in AutoCAD and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp;
- Excellent written communication skills and a mature rapport with clients, consultants and contractors;
- Ability to think strategically, to problem-solve decisively, and make decisions quickly and confidently.
Hapa offers an exciting work environment within a vibrant, experimental design team. We offer a competitive base salary, a profit-sharing plan and many benefits and incentives. If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in hearing more about the position described above, please submit your resume and portfolio to Linda Ng at [email protected]. The deadline for applications is Friday, January 31st, 2020 at 5pm. While we appreciate all interest, only qualified individuals will be contacted.