Landscape Architect II
Job Number: 46261
- Apply online today: https://edmonton.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=46261
As a Landscape Architect II for the Open Space Planning and Design section of the Integrated Infrastructure Services (IIS) Department, you will work with other highly skilled individuals on a variety of projects from concept to construction that involve community groups, internal business partners, and external stakeholders.
Your contributions will assist the City in achieving a long term vision for healthy, sustainable parks and open spaces as you seek to understand the needs of our unique communities and collaborate with diverse project teams to prepare holistic design solutions.
This position is well suited to dedicated and passionate individuals wanting to exercise their leadership, design, construction and engagement skills. The individual, yourself, would be driven and a critical thinker with the ability to develop solutions. You have the ability to see the bigger picture, the project outcome and objectives and fully implement into operation.
With a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Partner with project managers and design staff to prepare cost estimates, scope definitions, design working drawings, specifications, and contract documents to meet specified budgets and timelines
- Review internal and external designs, plans, and reports to ensure compliance with City standards, policies and practices
- Participate in the construction administration process through field inspections, construction reviews, and contributing to in-field design and change orders
- Liaise with other civic departments, government agencies, school boards and the private sector as a landscape and open space subject matter expert
- Prepare various reports and responses based on council, administration, and public inquiries
- Lead, supervise, and manage the preparation of design drawings and presentation graphics for various types and scales of projects
- Provide Open Space Asset Subject Matter Expertise
- Perform other related duties as required
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Landscape Architecture or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in landscape architecture including a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Eligibility for full membership with Alberta Association Landscape Architects (AALA)
- Experience with project management including planning project timelines, budget monitoring, and evaluating project deliverables (landscape construction)
- Knowledge of landscape architectural principles, practices and related standards and regulations is required
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Ability to articulate ideas and present concept in graphic form
- Strong technical abilities in the field of landscape architecture and considerable knowledge of applicable policies, standards and regulations pertaining to the work assigned
- Considerable skill in developing and presenting comprehensive design, plans and reports
- Ability to conduct extensive research and to design complex area plans
- Knowledge of City policies and guidelines in the delivery of design projects is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to use verbal and written communication skills to build strong consensus among, consultants, contractors, the general public and other City staff
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships with colleagues, industry and business partners
- Ability to supervise and direct subordinate professionals and technologists
- Conflict resolution, negotiation and issues management
- Experience working within a Google Workspace environment (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar), Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Adobe Creative Cloud Graphics
- Demonstrates commitment to OHS leadership and management.
- Demonstrates leadership and uses influence and engagement to achieve results
- Prioritize workload, deliverables and overall day-to-day operations
- Hire is dependent on Police Information Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton, and there may be a cost associated with this requirement
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent). Obtaining and maintaining a City Driver's permit is a requirement of this position
- Applicants will be required to arrange their own transportation and where appropriate will be reimbursed in accordance with City of Edmonton policy. This may require the applicant to obtain business auto insurance
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Applicants may be tested
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected]
Up to 1 permanent full-time position
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Note: This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement with the flexibility to work from both home and the worksite as per the Letter of Understanding between the City of Edmonton and Civic Service Union 52.
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary: $48.106 - $61.389 Hourly; $84,750.750 - $108,152.070 Annually
Talent Acquisition Consultant: JA/RA
Classification Title: Landscape Architect II
Posting Date: Apr 12, 2023
Closing Date: May 10, 2023 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Building Great Neighbourhoods
Work Location(s): 14th Floor Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue Edmonton T5J 0J4