We have an exciting opening at van der Zalm + associates (VDZ+A), for a Landscape Designer/Intern Landscape Architect, in our new Kelowna office.
We are a growing team of young, vibrant landscape architects, civil engineers, certified arborists, and graphic specialists. We are a well-established, multi-disciplinary firm with over 20 years of experience. Our diverse portfolio includes parks and recreation, mixed-use and multi-family development, and institutional design. You will have the ability to learn from experienced landscape architects, civil engineers and arborist who focus on both the public realm and a range of development opportunities.
We are seeking a landscape architect/designer 0-3 years experience. You will report directly to senior staff and will assist on a wide range of both public and private projects. Our firm is a true design studio in that we involve all our designers in the concept and technical design development.
Applicants to this position should have a strong design sense and be willing to collaborate and communicate openly. In addition, our firm focuses on seeing our designs come to life. This means we expect our staff to understand both design and construction as we see many of our projects through to opening day.
· preparation of presentation materials
· working drawings
· assist in preparation of specifications
· cost estimates
· assisting clients with the tendering process
· provide contract administration services.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· 0-3 Years of experience as a landscape designer/architect
· Advanced working proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator preferred)
· Good working knowledge of ACAD, LandFX and Rhino
· Strong communication skills including both verbal and written communication
· Confident sense of design and landscape aesthetic
· Strong understanding of construction processes and construction administration
· Ability to adapt quickly to a wide range of project types
· Comfortable in a team environment and ability to develop designs collaboratively
REWARDS OF WORKING AT VDZ
· An opportunity to grow your career by working on diverse projects alongside a
dedicated, collaborative team.
· Mentoring program including weekly check-ins and contact with senior staff.
· Competitive compensation which includes regular salary reviews, group benefits (including dental and extended coverage) and paid sick days
· Group Retirement RRSP plan
· Professional growth and development
· Opportunity to join our WorkSmart program that provides staff the chance to work both in the office and remotely
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person