KD Planning & Design provides Landscape Architectural and Arborist services for both the public and private sectors. We believe that innovative landscape design can transform a city or define an outdoor space. Innovative and creative landscape design on new and existing sites is more important now than it ever has been. Our team has an extensive base of experience and skill which we apply to all types of landscape design and arborist work.
The Landscape Technologist will work closely with the Landscape Architect and Arborist team to ensure that designs are functional, safe, cost-effective and sustainable.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produce detailed drawings and specifications with AutoCAD.
- Follow the project design requirements as set out by the Landscape Manager and Senior Design Lead on each project.
- Coordinate landscape designs with other in-house engineering and design disciplines.
- Prepare design presentations.
- Prepare cost estimates, create drawing details.
- Conduct site inspections and construction reviews.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and government approval agencies.
- Meet project deadlines and timelines. Respond to clients in a timely, respectful and collaborative manner.
- Collaborate with other team members and outside professionals in delivering quality production and exceptional client service. Meet the firm design standards and criteria.
- Conduct post project reviews to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Take on additional responsibilities as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Solid knowledge of landscape design basics.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office and landscape design software e.g. AutoCAD, Adobe, etc.
- Minimum 2 years experience in using CAD software.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, team player and problem solver.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Experience, Training, Certification and Education:
- Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in landscape design within Canada in a professional consulting office.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Please apply to this posting through the Bamboo HR link with your resume, portfolio and a cover letter outlining your salary expectations.
We appreciate your efforts to apply for this role and thank you for your interest. However, only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.