Founded in 1874, Maple Ridge is one of BC’s oldest communities, but it’s also one of the fastest growing Cities in Metro Vancouver. This tremendous pace of growth creates opportunities for professionals like you to bring your passion and talents to our organization to build our future, your career and your family in one of the most incredible natural settings in BC.
This exciting opportunity for a Parks Planning Technician is a technical and administrative position involving park planning and development projects and the review of landscape plans for a variety of land development proposals and applications
Interested? Great…..the ideal candidate will have:
A Bachelor's Degree in landscape architecture, or a related discipline plus sound related experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of landscape construction and design principles, practices and procedures applicable to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of landscape construction, materials, costs and methods related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of the functions and responsibilities of various internal departments and external agencies as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies, and by-laws related to the work performed.
- Ability to prepare design proposals and conceptual plans for park development or redevelopment projects through the use of computer assisted drafting programs (Vectorworks) and GIS programs (ArcGIS).
- Ability to prepare detailed plans, drawings, contract documentation and provide contract administration for various types of parks construction projects.
- Ability to review, analyze, assess and interpret plans, specifications, contracts and other materials related to the work.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence and various other written materials related to the work.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted
Parks, Recreation & Culture
$40.18 - $47.47 per hour
August 30, 2020