Do you have three years experience in park and site planning and design? Do you adapt well to changing projects and situations?
If so, we want you on our Parks Services team as a full time Parks Planning and Development Technologist!
As the successful candidate reporting to the Manager of Park Planning, Capital Projects and Visitor Services, you will:
- Develop design drawings, details, technical specifications, schedule of quantities and cost estimates for tendering and implementation.
- Complete park site land surveys as required.
- Perform construction contract administration and supervision of various park projects.
- Assist and provide recommendations in the development and on-going implementation of the Park Services Asset Management Program.
- Assist and provide recommendations towards the preparation of park development and management plans, such as:
- Research and analysis
- Preparation of park concept plans
- Cost estimating and implementation
- Assist in the presentation of park development and management plans to RDCO staff, members of the public and elected officials.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Parks Geographic Information System (GIS) database of all park properties, infrastructure, and ecosystems.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and adaptable to changes. You will have a diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology or a related site planning discipline and three years’ experience in park and site planning and design. Ability and skills in the use of ArcGIS and AutoCAD are essential. You will also have the ability to work in a team environment and supervise projects and contracts in order to improve and maintain our parks.
View the full job description and apply at rdco.com/jobs by April 18, 2021.
The Regional District of Central Okanagan is an employer of choice made up of a dedicated team of people who care about the community we serve. We are located in one of the most desirable places to live in BC, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. The appeal of Okanagan Lake and the natural beauty of the surroundings continue to draw people to the valley. Our lifestyle is second to none especially for those who live to enjoy the outdoors.