Passion, Challenge, Change
May 11 to 13, 2023 - Paradox Vancouver Hotel
This conference seeks to inspire and affirm the current practice of landscape architecture, especially that of the BCSLA Membership. We are looking for on-the-ground stories and contributions, from members and allies, that express their passion for the profession, the challenges they’ve overcome in order to do great work and their response to changes they have seen, or foresee, in society and the profession. How have/will these changes alter your practice and influence your leadership, studio culture, the technology you use and your scope of work?
- Abstracts must be submitted as an MS-Word document, in single-space, Arial 12 font
- The deadline for abstract submissions is Friday, March 31, 2023.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the BCSLA Conference Committee.
- Notice of acceptance will be sent no later than Friday, April 14, 2023 and abstracts sent before the deadline may receive earlier notice of acceptance.
- Please note that presenters must be registered for the conference.
- Presentations of projects located on Indigenous lands must include an Indigenous co-presenter involved in the project or have the permission of the First Nation, Métis or Inuit community in lieu.
Send abstracts or queries about your submission as an email attachment to: [email protected] with the words “Conference Proposal” in the subject line. After initial review, the Committee may approach applicants to discuss changes that could improve their submission.
The Showcase of Products and Services information package will be available in late March. BCSLA Affiliates and previous exhibitors are given first choice of booth space. We typically sell out of booth space and start a wait list.
The 2023 AGM will be held at 2:00 pm PT on May 13, 2023 at the Paradox Vancouver Hotel. A virtual option will be available. Watch this space for complete details.