The Inspiring Climate Action: BC Professionals’ Adaptation Network project has released their first professional development course offering. Starting early next year, Climate Change Adaptation Fundamentals will be facilitated by Dr. Stewart Cohen, a contributing scientist to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Designed for members of Professional Associations across BC, this course will equip participants with the knowledge to
- Explain the core concepts of climate science
- Distinguish between weather, climate variability and climate change
- Describe current climate trends, regional impacts and the role of adaptation
- Analyse different regional climate change scenarios, impacts, and opportunities for adaptation and mitigation
- Develop a high-level plan for integrating climate change adaptation into practice.
The course starts on Feb. 3rd, 2020 and will run for four weeks - so register now! Please find out more and/or register here: https://secure.royalroads.ca/cscourses/climate-change-adaptation-fundame...