This is a five question Competency Based Self Assessment Tool will only take a few minutes to complete. It serves as a guideline to assist applicants in determining which membership category is most applicable to the candidate’s background. Upon review of your application the BCSLA will determine if you satisfy the necessary requirements and will contact you to provide feedback.
We recommend that you review the Bridge to Registration Flow Chart and the Step-By-Step Guide before you apply for membership. Should you have any questions please contact the BCSLA office for assistance.
All Landscape Architects in BC are Members of the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA). An applicant from another jurisdiction other than those in North America, seeking enrolment in the admissions program, must deliver the following to the Registrar:
- petition for admission;
- certificate of character references;
- certificate of standing from each body regulating the profession of landscape architecture in each jurisdiction in which the applicant has been a member;
- proof of academic qualifications directly from the learning institution;
- declaration from a Principal who satisfies the standards required by the Credentials Committee, describing the experience of the applicant;
- payment in full of all fees, including investigation fees for an extra-jurisdictional review, admission fees, and other reasonable assessments; and
- proof of satisfactory training and knowledge of the English language, and any other information and documents required by the Credentials Committee.
Click the button below to begin the self-assessment:
This project is funded by the Government of Canada's
Foreign Credential Recognition Program.