3 Part Series LA CES Approved for 3 PDHs
PART 2 | Green Roof NutsN’Bolts Series | An A-Z of Essential and Practical Tips to Achieve Success
Familiar with green roofs? Still there are many specifics necessary to maximize performance and achieve long-term success. This NutsN’Bolts Educational Series aims to fill a gap and provide essential and practical information to take your project to the next level.
In this journey, the series navigates through the complete green roof process; from recognizing opportunities, to planning, material selection, system design, specifications and drawings, construction and maintenance.
REGISTER FREE at www.NLSM.ca/NUTSNBOLTS
Part 2 – Green Roofs: Material Selection & Design Goals
June 8, 2022
In the second installment, participants get an overview on the North American green roof market. We explore individual components, learn about their functions and selection criterion, and how to put them together into engineered systems to achieve specific design goals. An emphasize is placed on the strongest driver behind the current green roof growth in North America, stormwater management. LA CES Approved; 1 PDH
Part 2 Learning Objectives
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Distinguish the various types of green roofs, their market share and cost positions.
2. Define typical components and their assembly placement based on functional criteria.
3. Select proper components to create green roof systems to achieve various design intents.
4. Incorporate retention and detention elements to elevate stormwater management capacity.
Part 3 – Green Roofs: Clarity in Construction Documents
June 15, 2022
In the final installment, participants learn how to communicate their green roof design goals clearly and effectively through construction documentation including specifications and drawings. We also take a step-by-step look at a construction case study. Finally, we complete our journey by highlighting the green roof aftercare and maintenance necessary to ensure long term success. LA CES Approved; 1 PDH
Part 3 Learning Objectives
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to: 1. Create clear and effective construction documentation to communicate the requirements.
2. Recognize and avoid architectural and engineering design pitfalls that are often overlooked.
3. Understand the construction and installation process of a typical green roof.
4. Specify maintenance program to ensure long term success of the project.
Karen Liu, PhD, Green Roof Specialist
James Weldon, GRP, Technical Sales & Design Consultant
CONTACT [email protected]
REGISTER FREE www.NLSM.ca/nutsnbolts