As an ancient, yet ever new practice, the harvesting and use of rainwater is fast becoming a major issue, not only in third-world countries, but also in more developed regions, and in particular, large urban centers. This course covers the foundation of rainwater harvesting and management. Using the concepts of rainwater management, and implementing key components of rainwater harvesting, professionals and trades practitioners will be able to design, create and manage quality systems in a sustainable and environmentally ethical manner.
Topics covered include:
- Access to quality drinking water world-wide and at ‘home’
- Processes for harvesting and managing rainwater
- Rainwater availability
- Regulations governing system implementation
- Components of RWH/M systems
- Design parameters of RWH/M systems
This is a 14-week online, asynchronous course. Course begins January 8th 2024, and enrolment closes Jan 21st 2024.