Hapa Collaborative is an acclaimed landscape architecture and urban design studio in Vancouver, with projects throughout the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, as well as sites throughout BC and western Canada. Our studio of 25 people is a daily collaboration between designers with different backgrounds and training, and a mix of skills and specialization. This diversity is present in our team or process and represented in several award-winning projects including the Steveston Nikkei Memorial in Richmond, the Foot of Lonsdale Plaza in North Vancouver, and šxʷƛ̓ənəq Xwtl’e7énk Square in downtown Vancouver.
We are currently looking to add anBIM Coordinator with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience to assist with our CAD/BIM practices. As BIM Coordinator you will be working closely with our Landscape Architecture team to be directly involved in a broad range of project types. You will also be asked to provide model and drawing development, software support, staff mentoring and training, and assist in the development of drafting standards.
The BIM Coordinator will be required to have direct experience in the preparation of AutoCAD and Revit files and models and will be asked to help contribute to project specific BIM Execution Plans. They will also be able to support the advancement of our capabilities in clash detection, data management and maintaining templates and standards, while having the ability the setup initial Revit models with site context according to design information provided. The successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years of practical experience, and college or university training in CAD and Revit, as well as experience and an aptitude for network and IT administration and management. Familiarity with digital modelling programs including Sketchup, Rhino and Enscape are to be considered a bonus.
- Assist with maintaining our AutoCAD and Revit drawing standards and setups, drafting templates, detail libraries, and support team members with improvements in our overall AutoCAD and Revit processes.
- Technical management and creation of project BIM data sets, including manage and maintain project content and course additional content for project teams.
- Creating parametric families for specific project needs to capture design intent and construction logic.
- Ensure project delivery meets CAD/BIM standards and the requirements of the BIM Execution Plan.
- Provide occasional drawing coordination and drafting support to project managers.
- Provide technical support to our design and administration staff and help coordinate with our full-time IT providers on general network and IT needs.
The candidate must be a good communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and aspire to work in a high-pressure but highly rewarding and collaborative work environment. If this describes you, please submit your resume and portfolio to [email protected].
Hapa Collaborative offers competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with many other benefits including an excellent health benefits program and group RSP plan, and a collaborative work environment in Vancouver’s Mt. Pleasant neighbourhood, close to transit, bike lanes, and many amenities.