Donohoe Design is seeking an experienced Horticulturist to collaborate on the development of our designs and play a key role with the installation of our softscapes. You will be contributing to a variety of residential landscape projects working directly with our clients, sub-contractors, operations manager and our team of designers.
The selected candidate will be deeply passionate about horticulture, travel, and have an ecologically sound approach to planting design and installation practices. We’re looking for someone that has a very high standard for finish and has the foresight and creative vision to “see” a garden years into the future on the day of installation. You will be confident to explore new trends, yet have the experience and understanding of the subtleties and restraint required to build an award-winning garden.
For more than a decade, Donohoe Design has been developing thoughtful, bespoke landscapes for single-family homes throughout British Columbia. Our focus is to develop architecturally strong, multi-sensory spaces that connect people to their family, friends, and nature. We create landscapes that make a difference to our designers and push the boundaries of everyone who experiences them.
At Donohoe Design, we offer a work environment that is unique by offering an autonomous schedule, options to work remotely, competitive hourly wages, and encouragement and support to advance within your career. You will play a key role in the entire process of development in our small but growing company.
Donohoe Design has many exciting upcoming projects this year. We are enthusiastic to find the candidate that wants to be part of our progressive, purpose-led team.
You will collaborate on the design and oversee the installation of the softscapes for our custom residential projects.
Included but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with our Landscape Architects, landscape designers and clients over the development of our planting plans;
- Source and tag trees, shrubs and perennials for specific projects at nurseries throughout the Pacific Northwest;
- Conduct site visits during all phases of a landscapes development;
- Assist the installation teams with the laying out of the softscape;
- Provide guidance to the landscape installation team to ensure a successful softscape installation;
- Interview landscape maintenance companies and manage them through the first 2 months post construction;