We are Great People Looking for Great People
Connect Landscape Architecture is a recognized leader in the design and transformation of healthy vibrant communities. Our vision is simple - Connect people to their environment through meaningful design. We pride ourselves on creating inspiring places and experiences for people. Our values are at the core of everything we do, our strength is in our people and our 35 years of diverse and award-winning success is driven by the love and passion for our craft.
We are growing and looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our team. If that’s you then you are well-rounded, personable, and self-motivated with a sound working knowledge of design practices, construction methods and materials, and green infrastructure as it applies to Landscape Architecture. You’re also motivated by growth, a positive work environment, sustainability, creativity and a healthy work life balance.
Here are the roles we’re currently hiring for and the minimum level of skill and experience you’ll need:
1. Intermediate Landscape Architect / Landscape Designer
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in BC or Canada.
- Professional Registration and or eligible candidate with the BCSLA is preferred. LEED registration although not required, is an asset.
- Ability to think strategically, to problem-solve, and make decisions quickly and confidently in written, spoken, and drawing format.
- Skilled in schematic and analytical diagramming, design development, planting, grading, construction detailing, cost estimation, and contract administration.
- Fully versed with Vectorworks platform, Adobe, Microsoft Office, and 3D drawing software.
- Knowledge of presentation types and formats: Schematic Design, Rezoning, Permitting, Tender Documents, and Contract Administration, including report writing and presentation layout.
- Ability to work and thrive within a studio office environment with interdisciplinary design teams (Architects, Engineers, Environment) and interact with Owner/Client.
- Understanding of project management (scheduling, time, and budget)
- Displays leadership and abilities to work collaboratively with a team
If you’re interested, that’s great. If you’re interested and excited that’s even better, and we encourage you to apply, but only if you meet the required skills and experience we’ve highlighted. Please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] and we will take the time to carefully consider your application. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only reply to those people we are considering to interview.
Minimum 3 year’s experience in BC or Canada. Experience with project management through to construction an asset.