Connect is Growing: Intermediate Landscape Architect / Designer
“Good design is intentional. Successful landscape architecture engages to and connects with people. We strive to deliver enduring design solutions that are sustainable, purposeful, resilient, and inclusive.”
Connect Landscape Architecture is a recognized leader for over 35 years in the design and transformation of healthy vibrant communities. Our values are at the core of everything we do, and our strength is in our people.
Our vision is simple - Connect people to their environment through meaningful design. We pride ourselves on creating inspiring places and experiences for people. Our commitment to our craft inspires a curious, creative, and solution focused approach. We embrace challenge, promote initiative, and celebrate our successes.
We are growing and looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our team who are well-rounded, personable, and self-motivated with a knowledge of design practices, construction methods and materials, and green infrastructure. You are motivated by a positive work environment with the potential for career growth within a team that values sustainability, creativity and a healthy work life balance.
Intermediate Landscape Architect / Landscape Designer
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in BC or Canada.
- Professional Registration and or eligible candidate with the BCSLA is preferred. LEED registration although not required, is an asset.
- Ability to think strategically, to problem-solve, and make decisions quickly and confidently in written, spoken, and drawing format.
- Skilled in schematic and analytical diagramming, design development, planting, grading, construction detailing, cost estimation, and contract administration.
- Fully versed with Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD platform, Adobe, Microsoft Office, and 3D drawing software.
- Knowledge of presentation types and formats: Schematic Design, Rezoning, Permitting, Tender Documents, and Contract Administration, including report writing and presentation layout.
- Ability to work and thrive within a studio office environment with interdisciplinary design teams (Architects, Engineers, Environment) and interact with Owner/Client.
- Understanding of project management (scheduling, time, and budget)
- Displays leadership and abilities to work collaboratively with a team
If you’re interested we’d love to hear from you, and encourage you to apply. Please email your resume, portfolio and cover letter to: [email protected] We will take the time to carefully consider your application. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only reply to those people we are considering for interview.
Connect is not just a word in our name. It is the foundation of who we are and what we do.