Who Are We?
M2 Landscape Architecture and Arboriculture is looking for an enthusiastic Full-Time Intermediate Landscape Designer to join our team! We are looking for an outgoing and energetic self-starter, who is willing to collaborate and work in the field and in the office.
We are a dynamic and busy award-winning firm in New Westminster, B.C. with a variety of projects and opportunities. We specialize in both Landscape Architecture and Consulting Arboriculture, with emphasis on collaboration between the two fields.
M2 has projects across BC focusing on the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island, as well as exciting projects in Alberta. We primarily focus on Mixed Use, Multi-family Residential, Elder Care and Health Institutions.
We pride ourselves in our ability to provide sustainable, ecologically sensitive, and unique livable space and have a collaborative relationship with our clients.
Who Are You?
We are looking for an Intermediate Landscape Designer who is enthusiastic, creative, and motivated.
Our employees are encouraged to work as a team and share experiences and expertise, and we have a friendly open workspace. We promote our team members’ involvement in projects from concept to completion so that they gain experience in all phases of development. We are happy to provide opportunities for educational advancement, as well.
Position: Intermediate Landscape Designer
- Work both independently and in collaboration with peers on a variety of both large and small projects
- Design and coordination of both soft and hard landscape from preliminary phase through to completion
- Create planting plans, grading and storm-water management plans, existing tree management plans, detailing, and estimating, independently and with direction from senior staff
- Coordination and collaboration with clients, consultants, and municipal representatives
- Create renderings in Photoshop or SketchUp or hand drawn perspectives.
- Provide site visits and documentation including construction observation reports and substantial reports
- Work closely with a team in-house to ensure projects are on-time and on-budget.
- Bachelor’s (or advanced) degree in Landscape Architecture with a minimum of 3 years of related experience working in a private Landscape Architecture firm
- Experience in project management
- Experience in hard and soft landscape design, construction detailing, and construction best practices
- Knowledge in Lower Mainland plant material and environmental zones
- Experience in technical detailing, drafting, and construction practices an asset
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Written and verbal skills in English required
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- AutoCAD proficiency and experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Professional appearance and ability to work easily with clients, consultants, and government
M2 offers a competitive base salary, plus a fantastic profit sharing and bonus program, and a benefits package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and certification. Possibility of moving allowance for the successful candidate. Retention bonuses may be available for the successful candidate.
We are close to the Skytrain, transit, bike routes, and parking and are in the historic Old Town area of New Westminster, within a block of New Westminster Quay, in a beautiful brick heritage building.
Please send an up-to-date copy of your portfolio and resume to Tatiana by email at [email protected].