LOCI Landscape Architecture and Urban Design Inc. is seeking talented and enthusiastic professionals to join our growing practice in Vancouver. Our firm’s identity stems from the idea of genius loci; a term that refers to a location's distinctive atmosphere, it's nature, or a spirit of place. As placemakers, problem solvers and designers, this idea embodies the approach to our work and our core inspiration for what we do - aiming to improve the everyday experiences in our communities.
Our studio is built on the collective experiences of nearly 20 years of design, planning, and project management expertise serving our diverse client base, including developers, municipalities, and institutions, on projects that span throughout Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, the B.C. Interior, Washington State, California, and Asia. As a full-service firm, we pride ourselves in our adaptability, responsiveness, and willingness to exceed client expectations.
We are looking for the following position:
Intermediate Level Landscape Designer / BCSLA Intern
We are looking for a driven and self-motivated person with a degree in Landscape Architecture and 2+ years’ experience in a landscape architecture office. LOCI is seeking team members who have leadership qualities and can work in a collaborative setting. Ideally, you have exceptional communication and design skills, with experience
in the technical execution of work. Experience in producing complex construction documentation, specification writing, and field services will be considered an asset.
In addition, we are looking for applicants who display the following skills:
• Proficiency in Vectorworks, Creative Suite, 3D software and Lumion;
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams through schematic design, design development, permitting and contract document phases of a project;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Time management of various projects with conflicting demands;
• A willingness to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
• Special emphasis on people with an interest in institutional, development, public realm and residential work;
• An ability and willingness to travel to the US if required for meetings in WA and/or CA;
• Ideally, en route to BCSLA registration.
We are a young and dynamic firm looking for professionals who have a strong desire to play key and contributing roles in the rapid growth of our practice, with a chance to work on exciting projects throughout BC, Western Canada, Washington and California, Asia and Europe. We offer benefits and competitive salaries commensurate with experience. If you enjoy a challenging and fast-paced work environment and are seeking opportunities to grow in your career, send us a PDF version of your resume and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
Landscape Architecture Degree
- Concept design, detailing, technical support, writing and document production
- Experience in CAD-related software (preferably Vectorworks);
- Proficiency in Creative Suite, Lumion and 3D graphics;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative environment.