L.A. West Associates (Kamloops) Inc. is a landscape architectural design firm comprised of Landscape Architects, Senior Design Professionals and Technologists providing landscape architectural services for almost 40 years. LA West has offices in Calgary, AB and Kamloops, BC.
Our range of services include the design and implementation of parks and open space, urban streetscapes, commercial, multifamily and recreational sites in the Kamloops region and throughout the interior of British Columbia. L.A. West’s commitment to Landscape Architecture, and to our clients, is to combine responsible site planning with creative design techniques intended to enhance the quality of our natural and built environments.
Our Kamloops office is currently looking to expand our professional roster and is seeking candidates for the following positions for our Kamloops location.
- Intermediate / Senior Landscape Architect
For this position, the successful candidates will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package following a typical 3-month employment period.
PDF copies of your resume and samples of work must be emailed to: [email protected] Attention: Scott Wright.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.
Thank you in advance for your interest in L.A. West. Only those applicants selected will be contacted for an interview.
- Professional Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university.
Candidates for consideration shall have a minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in the Landscape Architectural Industry with a strong understanding of the design, approvals and implementation process. Their ability to produce high quality, accurate construction drawings, contract documents including field experience, a strong work ethic and positive attitude will be an asset.
- Member (or eligibility for membership) with the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA);
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of related experience;
- Strong design, graphic and communication skills;
- Ability to prepare proposals in response to RFPs;
- Clear understanding of project development, design development and contract preparation and administration;
- Undertaking, as well as overseeing, the production of conceptual plans, detailed design and construction drawings, and preparation of contract documents;
- Experience managing clients and administering projects to meet client objectives, project milestones and project deliverables.
- Experience / participation in client meetings, public consultations, presentations and site inspections;
- Expertise / competency with Industry software (AutoCAD, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other standard software packages;
- Graphic production / 3D rendering capability using graphics programs such as SketchUp and Lumion/3DS Max considered an asset;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle required for site/project meetings and inspections.