L.A. West Associates (Kamloops) Inc. is a landscape architectural design firm comprised of Landscape Architects, Senior Design Professionals and Technologists providing landscape architectural services for almost 40 years. LA West has offices in Calgary, AB and Kamloops, BC.
Our range of services include the design and implementation of parks and open space, urban streetscapes, commercial, multifamily and recreational sites in the Kamloops region and throughout the interior of British Columbia. L.A. West’s commitment to Landscape Architecture, and to our clients, is to combine responsible site planning with creative design techniques intended to enhance the quality of our natural and built environments.
Our Kamloops office is currently looking to expand our professional roster and is seeking candidates for the following positions for our Kamloops location.
- Intermediate / Senior Landscape Technologist / Designer
For this position, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package following a typical 3-month employment period.
PDF copies of your resume and samples of work must be emailed to: [email protected] Attention: Scott Wright.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.
Thank you in advance for your interest in L.A. West. Only those applicants selected will be contacted for an interview.
The successful candidate will have a diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology from an accredited institution and be able to present a portfolio of projects demonstrating strong graphic and design understanding, and equally strong technical and communication skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Candidates for consideration shall have a minimum 3-5 years of working experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator and Microsoft Office software;
- Demonstrate solid background and understanding of landscape design and construction principles, standards & specifications;
- Irrigation design knowledge or credentials as a Certified Irrigation Designer would be an asset;
- Solid foundation in the production and preparation of:
- base maps, concepts and graphic representations (2D/3D)
- construction drawings, contract documents and specifications;
- accurate schedule of quantities, cost estimates and opinions of probable costs;
- field review / site inspections / change orders;
- review and processing of contractor progress invoices related to construction completion
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required for site/project meetings and inspections.