Hapa Collaborative is a landscape architecture and urban design practice established with placemaking, attentiveness and collaboration in mind. We see each project as an opportunity to partner, to dream big and to synthesize ideas wrought from many, often opposing, influences. Our goal with each commission is to evoke the poetry of the place and in doing so reveal something delightful but perhaps previously unseen. Most of all, Hapa Collaborative is a new voice for contemporary landscape design and a small, agile and fresh alternative to traditional landscape architecture practice. Our studio of twenty people is a fast-paced daily collaboration between people of different backgrounds and a mix of skills and specializations. We love the fact that this mix is present in our design process and in the final built results.
We are looking to add a full-time junior landscape designer to our team. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, personable, and collaborative with foundational knowledge of the tasks required in a landscape architecture design office. They will report to senior personnel and provide support for the duration of a variety of projects at all stages from schematic design through to contract administration.
Candidates for this position should possess, at a minimum:
- Experience at a landscape architecture design office or allied profession is an asset;
- A degree in Landscape Architecture or related discipline from an accredited program;
- Experience with background review work including site analysis, design research, precedent study, surveys, zoning and planning studies;
- Familiarity with coordination of work with other consultants, and the preparation of construction plans, details, and specifications;
- High level of proficiency with digital and physical modelling, preparing materials for public consultation and client meetings, and design drawings including illustrative plans, sections and elevations, and character sketches and renderings;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Sketch-Up and/or Rhino;
- Proficiency using AutoCAD to prepare drawings for permit and construction sets under the guidance of a project manager;
- Excellent sense of spatial design and superior written, graphic, and oral communication skills in English;
- Ability to be inquisitive, unafraid to ask questions, and work as a self-starting individual as part of a collaborative team.
Hapa offers an exciting work environment within a vibrant, experimental design team, with opportunities for mentorship and growth into a role with greater responsibility. We offer a competitive base salary, a profit-sharing plan, and benefits including an extended health plan and rrsp contribution plan. If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in hearing more about the position described above, please submit your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. While we appreciate all interest, only qualified individuals will be contacted.