Donohoe Living Landscapes is seeking a Junior Landscape Designer for our growing company. You will work on a variety of residential landscape projects all over the province. This position will focus on providing expertise for conceptual designs and construction drawings, and assistance with project management during the construction of our custom landscape designs. Experience with and a passion for top-quality and intricate design is a must.
While Donohoe Living Landscapes has recently launched a new name, branding, and website; for more than a decade we have been developing thoughtful, bespoke landscapes for single-family homes throughout British Columbia. Our focus is to develop architecturally strong, multi-sensory spaces that connect people to their family, friends, and nature. We create landscapes that make a difference in the lives of our clients, and push the boundaries of everyone who experiences them. We have many exciting upcoming projects in 2021 and beyond for you to help bring to life.
Our office is currently following government Covid-19 protocols, which will be discussed further with the successful applicant. We provide competitive wages and an extended medical benefits package. We are enthusiastic about finding the candidate that wants to be part of our growing, purpose-led team.
- A University undergraduate or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, or an equivalent design field. A BCSLA intern would be an asset;
- Minimum 1 year of experience creating high-quality landscape design in a professional Landscape Architectural office or similar design firm;
- Ability to assist with and create construction drawing packages, including drainage, grading, and construction details;
- Local plant knowledge and planting design skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality design work & presentations;
- Proficient computer skills with Vectorworks, Sketch-Up (or alternative 3D modelling program such as 3D Max), and Adobe Creative Suite;
- A communicative, affable personality;
- A dynamic and adventurous approach to design.
Please take the time to review our new website at: www.donohoelivinglandscapes.com. If you think you would be a good fit, please say hello and send relevant information to: [email protected]. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for considering us for the future of your career. We can’t wait to hear from you!