L.A. West is a landscape architectural design firm comprised of Landscape Architects, Senior Design Professionals and Technologists providing landscape architectural services across Western Canada.
With offices in Calgary, Red Deer and Kamloops, L.A. West provides a full range of design and implementation services related to parks and open space, urban streetscapes, commercial, multifamily, and recreational sites. L.A. West’s commitment to Landscape Architecture, and to our clients, is to combine responsible site planning with creative design intended to enhance the quality of our natural and built environments
Ideally, candidates for consideration shall have a minimum 3-5 years of working experience however those possessing a strong work ethic, good attitude and desire to develop will not be overlooked.
The successful candidate will have a diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology from an accredited institution and be able to present a portfolio of projects demonstrating strong graphic and design understanding, and equally strong technical and communication skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator and MS Office software
- Demonstrate solid background and understanding of landscape design and construction principles and standard specifications
- Solid foundation in the production and preparation of:
- base maps, concepts and graphic representations (2D/3D)
- construction drawings, contract documents and specifications
- accurate schedule of quantities, cost estimates and opinions of probable costs
- field review / site inspections / change orders
- review and processing of contractor progress invoices related to construction completion
- Irrigation design / credentials as a Certified Irrigation Designer would be an asset
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required for site/project meetings and inspections
Salaries and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
With your application, please include in .pdf format:
- Resume / CV
- Examples of past work experience / portfolio