LANARC is seeking great people to join our team. At Lanarc, we connect design, planning, and community engagement to help prepare our communities for their future. For 30+ years, Lanarc has been pushing the boundaries of the landscape architecture profession in BC. We are a boutique firm known for uncompromising quality and forward-thinking work. We are intentional about hiring people who are curious and driven and offer unique opportunities for career growth based out of offices in Nanaimo, Vancouver, and Victoria.
If you are interested in joining our team, please see details below or the link for the PDF full job posting.
- We are an established boutique firm, led by professionals with 30+ years of experience. We are located on Vancouver Island and in the Lower Mainland.
- We work with fantastic public and private sector clients who share our goals for creating sustainable and resilient communities. Our clients keep coming back for thoughtful help.
- We specialize in landscape architecture, planning, and community engagement projects and undertake work that spans all scales – from helping a community envision their 20-year future to collaborating with contractors to get a playground into the ground. We love variety and challenge.
- Our work is diverse and not development-centred.
- We make engagement a hallmark of our work. We believe that effective community participation promotes understanding and recognizes citizens' needs to be part of the decisions that affect their lives.
- We are intentional about who we hire – always working to build and maintain a team that is collaborative, creative, and kind.
FOR THIS ROLE WE NEED SOMEONE WHO:
- Has strong design and graphic skills – creates site-sensitive design approaches and communicates visually by creating graphics that everyone understands.
- Has clear written communication skills – demonstrates the ability to figure out what to say and how to say it clearly and concisely. Report layout and editing skills are an asset.
- Has a strong technical skillset – develops and works on interdisciplinary AutoCAD drawing sets and supports projects from conceptual design through detailed design and construction.
- Enjoys variety and challenges – embraces that our work spans broadly within the realms of landscape architecture, planning, and community engagement.
SKILLS WE’D LIKE TO SEE:
- Computer Skills: Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office 365, and AutoCAD. Sketchup, Twinmotion, Vectorworks, Lumion, or other 3D Visualization Software skills are an asset.
- People Skills: Confidence and an ability to work well with others. We value our team relationships and are looking to add people who contribute to a positive, friendly atmosphere.
- While our projects take us throughout BC and beyond, we are seeking to add to our main location in Nanaimo. The downtown Nanaimo office location offers views over the harbour and easy access from across the city. We believe that Nanaimo is one of the best places to call home – and we’re proud to be part of making it an even better place for the future.
- We also have offices in Vancouver and Victoria.
If you are interested in joining the Lanarc team, contact us at [email protected]. We will review applications after January 31, 2022. We offer awesome opportunities for growing your career alongside competitive salary, benefits, flexibility, and fantastic colleagues.
Degree in Lanscape Architecture or related profession.
0 to 3 years work experience