Our established, award-winning Seattle landscape architectural and planning firm seeks a self-motivated full-time Landscape Architect with five or more years of professional work experience. We are designers of waterfront revitalization projects, habitat restoration projects, parks and trails systems, transportation, and urban design projects.
This person will work directly in-house with staff on complex projects ranging from planning level studies to detailed design. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated individual who can anticipate a project's needs and be willing to take on responsibility and respond to challenges daily. The candidate will be a strategic thinker with a passion for creating landscapes for all generations. The position may also include CAD drafting and design, illustrative hand-drawn graphics, cost estimating, specifications, general design assistance, and other office functions.
Bachelor or graduate degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program
- Collaborating with and overseeing project team members, including subconsultants
- Preparing and monitoring project status and budget reports
- Monitoring staff to produce quality services within a project team concept
- Creative problem-solving and delivering clear concepts to colleagues and clients
- Multi-tasking, attention to detail, a committed work ethic, and the ability to meet schedules and budgets
- Self-management and follow-through
- Writing specifications
- Preparing and documenting required code research for a project
- Proficient hand-drawn graphics skills
- Efficient design utilizing AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite