DIALOG Calgary is in search of a design-focused Landscape Architect with a passion for creating spaces in the public realm. You will join our process-oriented, collaborative team, working with us on a wide range of planning, urban design, and landscape architecture projects, tackling all aspects of the design process. As a valued team member, you will have an opportunity to play diverse roles, collaborate across disciplines, direct the development of your professional skills and expertise, and contribute to the growth of our dynamic and passionate Planning | Landscape Architecture | Urbanism team.
While this position is with DIALOG’s Calgary studio, where we are currently working on several high-profile and transformative projects in the Calgary region, you will also work on projects across Canada as part of the broader National team. If you want to have a positive influence on the urban character of Calgary and meaningfully shaping our city – and beyond – then this is the place for you!
At DIALOG, we believe that design can, and should, meaningfully improve the wellbeing of our communities and the environment we all share. Our Planning | Landscape Architecture | Urbanism team is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
As a key member of the Landscape Architecture team, you will:
- Explore sustainable, context-sensitive, and innovative design solutions as part of our collaborative, multi-disciplinary creative process;
- Design, from conceptual through to detailed design and construction documentation;
- Work as part of an integrated team, responsible for the oversight, management and execution of working drawings;
- Provide tender and procurement support;
- Provide oversight, management, and execution of construction administration services;
- Manage projects and develop client relationships;
- Prepare proposals and contribute to marketing and communications through storytelling and visualizations;
- Actively contribute to the development of the team through collaboration, support, mentorship and commitment to learning; and
- Reinforce our commitment to excellence throughout the design and project delivery process.
A registered Landscape Architect in Alberta (or eligible for reciprocity)
An experienced design professional with:
- 7-10+ years of Landscape Architecture experience;
- Superior design and technical knowledge;
- Strong electronic drawing and modeling skills (experience with Revit is preferred);
- Involvement with, and contributions to, our local communities;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development; and
- Desire to collaborate in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible, technically sound, and promote community wellbeing;
You have demonstrable experience in the following:
- Project, and project team, management;
- Conceptual design and design development;
- Visual communication, including 3D modelling and adobe creative cloud;
- Construction documentation;
- Landscape construction and administration;
- Proposal preparation; and
- Research and report writing.