Join the Station One Architects culture of innovative and creative problem solvers teaming together to create cutting-edge design solutions in our award winning architectural and landscape architectural consulting practice. Always learning, not content with status-quo, we encourage individual and team development and continually exceed client expectations in various dimensions.
Time to make the move. Seeking an experienced Landscape Architect ready to get their feet wet, with a passion for designing outdoor spaces that inspire. Explore new design opportunities where creativity and innovation is nurtured using sustainable principles that expand barriers beyond the typical, yet seek a responsive, balanced environment. With 3D visualization at your fingertips, find your niche in expanding our current landscape portfolio serving SOA’s educational, institutional and multifamily projects with public parks, master plans, and other new opportunities.
Each team member is truly valued with collaboration and open communication essential, plus opportunities for growth encouraged on a range of dynamic projects in the education & community facilities, affordable & care housing, and mixed use, residential, & commercial. Continually expanding, SOA’s projects extend from the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island, to urban Vancouver and suburbs, through the Okanagan to BC’s interior and beyond.
What's behind the growing movement to BC's lower mainland? (https://youtu.be/GKYn3Z10UnI)
- Canada’s warmest winter climate
- an outdoor mecca - surrounded by lakes, rivers, mountains, world-class fishing, golfing, hiking and skiing all year round
- the ocean beaches are within an hour’s drive, and Vancouver is next door
- affordable living in an outdoor paradise
- stress relief without commuting into the hectic city
Enjoy Friday afternoons off in Summer, and don’t get stuck in a rut – love where you work! Click on www.soarchitects.com to see your potential, and connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up on the latest SOA culture.
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university program. License and registration with BCSLA, or eligibility to transfer current province’s registration to BC.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in landscape architecture.
- Strong English written, verbal and visual communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and communicate with internal and external team members, consultants and clients. Organized, able to work well independently, multi-task and prioritize with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong grading, planting design and landscape construction knowledge, familiarity with BC zones and municipality requirements.
- Proficiency in Revit and applicable graphic presentation and visualization programs an asset.