Reporting to the Trees and Landscape Manager in Planning and Development, this highly complex professional and technical position requires considerable expertise to review land development applications and reports while ensuring compliance with bylaws, regulations, and policies. The Landscape Architect will be part of a team of that establishes and implements realistic objectives and standards related to urban forestry and the environment.
- You will bring your expertise of landscape design and construction and arboriculture to review development applications, technical reports, and drawings
- You have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and will liaise with other departments, consultants, and developers
- Your leadership and organizational skills will be used as you create standard operating procedures and implement processes to create consistency in development application and building permit application reviews
- Perform other duties as required
- A Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field.
- ISA Certified Arborist
- ISA Qualified Tree Risk Assessor
- Five years of experience including experience in a Planning environment. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA).
- Valid BC Driver’s License