Join the Station One Architects culture of innovative and creative problem solvers teaming together to create cutting-edge design solutions in our award winning architectural and landscape architectural consulting practice. Always learning, not content with status-quo, we encourage individual and team development and continually exceed client expectations in various dimensions.
Time to make the move. Opportunities in various capacities for an experienced Landscape Architect and Intern Landscape Designer to get their feet wet, with a passion for designing outdoor spaces that inspire. Explore new design opportunities where creativity and innovation is nurtured using sustainable principles that expand barriers beyond the typical, yet seek a responsive, balanced environment. With 3D visualization at your fingertips, find your niche in expanding our current landscape portfolio serving SOA’s educational, institutional and multifamily projects with public parks, master plans, and other new opportunities.
Each team member is truly valued with collaboration and open communication essential, plus opportunities for growth encouraged on a range of dynamic projects in the education & community facilities, affordable & care housing, and mixed use, residential, & commercial. Continually expanding, SOA’s projects extend from the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island, to urban Vancouver and suburbs, through the Okanagan to BC’s interior and beyond.
What's behind the growing movement to BC's lower mainland? (https://youtu.be/GKYn3Z10UnI)
- Canada’s warmest winter climate
- an outdoor mecca - surrounded by lakes, rivers, mountains, world-class fishing, golfing, hiking and skiing all year round
- the ocean beaches are within an hour’s drive, and Vancouver is next door
- affordable living in an outdoor paradise
- stress relief without commuting into the hectic city
Enjoy Friday afternoons off in Summer, and don’t get stuck in a rut – love where you work! Click on www.soarchitects.com to see your potential, and connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up on the latest SOA culture.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary, full health & dental benefits package paid for by SOA, with advancement potential. Apply by sending your cover letter, resume and a maximum of 10 page PDF format portfolio to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent with 5-10 years’ experience. License and registration with BCSLA, or eligibility to transfer current province’s registration to BC.
- Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology considered for Designer or Technologist position, with 2-5 years' experience.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive team player who has:
- Excellent English written, verbal and visual communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and communicate with internal and external team members, consultants and clients. Organized, able to work well independently, multi-task and prioritize with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong grading, planting design and landscape construction knowledge, familiarity with BC zones and municipality requirements.
- Proficiency in Revit and applicable graphic presentation and visualization programs an asset.