LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT – PROJECT MANAGER – KELOWNA, BC
Have you always wanted to live/work/play in the Okanagan? Do you have a strong detailing and construction background? VDZ+A Consulting Inc. is seeking a project manager for our Kelowna studio.
VDZ+A has recently expanded the reach of our firm to the Okanagan, one of Canada’s fastest growing regions. This expansion, along with our established offices in Vancouver and Fort Langley, will allow us to support a growing client list with projects spanning BC and Western Canada.
We have an exciting opening at our Kelowna studio for a Landscape Architect. Our team of over 30 landscape architects, civil engineers, horticulturists, arborists, and designers is looking for the right team member to assist us with a wide range of development and parks and recreation projects. This position has a focus on “people skills”, discerning project deliverable, managing timelines and schedule, as well as construction knowledge and detailing.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a growing team of innovative landscape architects, civil engineers, certified arborists, and graphic specialists. We are a vibrant, multi-disciplinary firm with over 20 years of experience. Our diverse portfolio includes parks and recreation, mixed-use and multi-family development, and institutional design.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
Our firm is proud of our ability to ‘get things built’ and our designers stay involved from concept through technical design and construction. We believe that everyone has valuable ideas that contribute to innovation across complex projects. We can consider all these ideas through small team collaboration directly between senior landscape architects and junior designers. Whether you work out of our Vancouver, Fort Langley, or Kelowna studio, you will collaborate with a team of 30+ talented professionals across all our offices.
As a key member of the Landscape Architecture team, you will:
- Develop designs for innovative, complex projects.
- Provide leadership through a knowledge of construction methods for a range of materials (wood, steel, stone etc.).
- Work with local suppliers to create a network for design and supply of custom elements.
- Work within a design team including support design staff, civil engineers, and certified arborists.
- Develop and manage client relationships.
- Provide oversight of construction documents from a constructability and value engineering perspective.
- Lead the team in the latest innovations in materials and construction methods.
- Develop specifications for custom and site-specific elements.
- Work with clients through the tendering and construction process.
Required Skills and Qualifications
An experienced design professional with:
- 5-10+ years of Landscape Architecture experience.
- A post secondary degree in landscape architecture or a related field. Previous experience in project management.
- Familiarity with procurement and construction process in BC
- Superior design and technical knowledge.
- Strong electronic drawing skills (AutoCAD and Adobe Suite)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Previous experience reviewing design packages and providing feedback.
- Ability to lead collaboration with a design team.
- Ability to develop a complete landscape architecture package.
Demonstrable experience with:
- Project, and project team, management.
- Conceptual design and design development.
- Construction documentation.
- Landscape construction and administration.
- Detailed review and ability to create custom details for a range of materials.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT VDZ
- Competitive salary ranging from $80-95K per annum commensurate with experience.
- Regular salary reviews
- Group benefits (including dental and extended coverage)
- Group Retirement RRSP plan
- Future option to relocate to our one of our other offices.
- Work on diverse projects
- Work within a small team and receive mentorship and development.
- Relaxed dress code and atmosphere.
- Opportunity to join our WorkSmart program that provides staff the chance to work both in the office and remotely.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting role, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].