WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking an intermediate Landscape Architect / Project Manager to join our PLAUD studio, located in Kelowna, BC. This opportunity will see you working within a creative, supportive and multi-disciplinary studio team involved in a wide variety of high-profile award winning landscape architectural projects, including parks and open spaces, streetscapes, urban design, transportation, ecological design and heritage preservation. We are currently working on a diverse portfolio of projects across the province and frequently collaborate with our Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg PLAUD teams to service all of Western Canada.
Kelowna has evolved into a vibrant lakefront City with all the amenities of a larger urban centre. With mild winters and sun-drenched summers recreational and social opportunities are unlimited with our lakes, mountains, vineyards and orchards. Aside from our fantastic setting Kelowna is also gaining a reputation for our burgeoning food and cultural scene, as well as one of the fastest growing technology hubs in BC. Did we mention the average house price is nearly half that of Vancouver and the average commute for drivers (when not on your beach cruiser) is 15 minutes?
- Project management and the management of support staff;
- Schematic Design through to Contract Administration;
- Contract documents; tender documents and specifications;
- Client Meetings and Public Consultation and Engagement;
- Research, analysis and report-writing;
- Proposal preparation; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA or MLA) preferred. Landscape architectural technicians with demonstrated design talent and project management skills are encouraged to apply;
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent project management skills are required, with ability to work on multiple, complex projects within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a larger collaborative team, a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically/socially sound;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong understanding of business/client development;
- Eligibility for membership in British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA) a strong plus; and
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections.