Murdoch de Greeff Inc. is seeking a landscape architect/designer with a minimum of 3 years of experience to join our Victoria team. MDI specializes in natural systems and integrated design solutions, and tailors each project to its site-specific conditions and program. We work on a wide range of projects including multifamily, commercial, educational, park, and urban design settings. No matter the scale or setting, Murdoch de Greeff strives to create engaging and beautiful landscapes that fit context, and that enhance or restore natural systems in the long term.
Our office has a diverse background and includes LA.s’, urban designers, biologists, and planners. Our projects provide a variety of planning and design areas for employees to explore. Because we are a small office, members of our team get the opportunity to pitch in on a wide range of tasks and are expected to take on leadership roles commensurate with their abilities and experience. The ideal candidate will have a BLA or MLA degree and is a creative, organized, and self-motivated individual. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the design and construction process in an open studio environment. We offer a casual work environment, competitive wages, and flexible hours.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Help our design team with on going projects but very quickly begin to manage projects with oversite from our team of LA’s.
- Experience with project management and coordination, construction documentation, and project delivery.
- Experience with developing cost estimates.
- Develop construction details and assist in the production of specifications.
- Working with junior design team members to facilitate quality workflow.
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven computer experience (Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Office, Creative Suites, Sketchup).
- High proficiency in Vectorworks with strong graphic and technical communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and self-motivated.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of grading and drainage problem solving.
- Experience in planting design/horticulture, rainwater management, and construction detailing would be a strong asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Free hand drawing/sketching skills an asset.
- Strong knowledge of plants and planting design.
- Good communication skills-able to collaborate with clients, team members and contractors.
- A person that likes to have fun, set high standards, and complete satisfying projects.
Application: Please submit your resume and examples of CAD/graphic work for consideration. We’d like to thank you in advance for your interest. We will only contact suitably qualified applicants if we wish to set up an interview.