PFS Studio is a landscape architecture, urban design and planning firm committed to the creation of places and spaces that are informed by complex histories, ecologies and connections. With offices in both Vancouver and Toronto, our staff of 40 work on a wide range of projects, from coastal waterfronts and urban districts to memorials and rooftop gardens. Focusing largely on the public realm, we are continually developing new approaches to our work that centre reconciliation, equity, climate adaptation, ecology, beauty and joy. To contribute to a culture of learning and growth within the office, we work on competitions, interoffice research and collaborations with UBC, and some of the most complex projects in Canada and internationally.
We are seeking a landscape architect/designer with 2 or more years of working experience. The successful candidate will have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, or a degree in Architecture with experience in Landscape Architecture, and have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a strong graphic and design sensibility, and equally strong technical and communication skills. Qualified applicants should also be proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhinoceros 3D, and Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package after passing a mandatory 3-month trial period.
Application Requirements: Please forward PDF copy of resume and samples of work via email to the address below, attention Ashishvangh Contractor. No phone inquiries please. We will contact suitably qualified applicants only if we wish to set up an interview.
Start Date: Immediately
ATTN: Sara Chiesa
1777 West 3rd Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6J 1K7
Email: [email protected]
Subject: Landscape Architect / Designer Position
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university;
- membership or eligibility for membership with British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA)
- 5 – 10 years of related experience
- Desire to play a key role within an exceptional design practice
- Strong design and graphic skills that can be expressed in a variety of formats
- Display of interpersonal and communication skills that allows effective interaction with colleagues, clients, approval authorities and the public
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking the production of conceptual plans, diagrams, detailed design and contract documents
- Participating in client meetings, public consultations and presentations