Murdoch de Greeff Inc. is seeking a landscape architect/designer preferably with 1-2 years of experience to join our team immediately. We would consider a recent graduate with good computer skills and summer work experience. MDI is located in Victoria, BC and specializes in integrated design solutions whether it is a residential, commercial, park, or streetscape project. The ideal candidate is a creative, organized, self-motivated individual with strong technical skills. You will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the design and construction process in an open studio environment. We offer a casual work environment, competitive wages, and flexible hours.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work within a team to help support multiple design projects;
- Assist in the preparation of drawing sets from Development Permit through to Construction/IFC documents;
- Develop construction details and organize specifications;
- Develop landscape materials, layout, grading and planting plans;
- Set-up and import a variety of file types and coordinate with clients and various design professionals; and,
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates and other project supporting documents.
Skills and Attributes:
- Computer experience (Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Office, Creative Suites, Sketchup). Our firm uses Vectorworks software. A working knowledge of VW would be an asset. Equally important is drafting experience and good technical drafting skills;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and self-motivation;
- Strong understanding of grading and drainage;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Free hand drawing/sketching skills an asset;
- Knowledge of plants is important-horticulture background would be an asset;
- Good understanding of construction process and design detailing; and,
- Is a good team player that likes to have fun and complete satisfying projects.
Please submit your resume and examples of CAD/graphic work for consideration. We’d like to thank you in advance for your interest. We will only contact suitably qualified applicants if we wish to set up an interview.
The candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
0-2 years of experience working for an LA firm.