IBI Group is seeking a talented Landscape Architectural Technologist to join our Calgary's Placemaking team, working on diverse projects throughout Alberta as well as providing support to our other offices as needed. As part of this team, you will help and support the design of high quality and sustainable public and private spaces. You will have the opportunity to provide technical assistance for preparation of designs and drawings as well as contract administration and other duties under the direction of a licensed landscape architect.
Most of the things you’ll work on
- Work with the Senior Landscape Architectural Technologist and Landscape Architects for technical drawings and drafting
- Collaborate with other disciplines including planning, architectural and engineering technologists
- Work cooperatively as part of a team and collaboratively with peers and clients, internally and externally.
- Ensure project deliverables comply with local standards and contract requirements
- Prepare construction detail drawings using CAD
- Complete quantity take-offs and prepare cost estimates
- Assist with preparation of specifications and technical reports
- Assist with the creation of presentation drawings using Adobe Suite and Sketch Up
- Support contract administration staff (with a willingness to learn in the field) and become proficient in site reviews and the associated site administrative paperwork on a wide range of project types and clients.
- Diploma from a recognized institution within the field of Landscape Architecture
- Experience with contract administration (construction monitoring and inspections, etc.)
- 3+ Years of Relevant Experience
- Must have a valid Class 5 Alberta drivers license and access to car to undertake site visits
- Proficiency in latest version of AutoCAD, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in preparation of construction detail drawings
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills