Here at Urban Systems, we are a community of consultants, brought together by our shared values, and a deep commitment to building vibrant communities. Our landscape architecture team is seeking an experienced Landscape Architecture Consultant to join our growing professional practice in Kelowna and re-establish a landscape architecture presence in the Okanagan.
With everything happening in the world around us, there is a noticeable shift in appreciation for outdoor spaces among individuals and communities. As a result, we have an even greater opportunity and responsibility to make a difference through the work we do every day and the meaningful relationships we build with municipalities, developers, and Indigenous communities.
In addition to the learning and project experience you will receive, do you see yourself excited to contribute in the following ways?
- Communicating and collaborating with internal and external project teams across Western Canada
- Lead projects and landscape architectural design within the framework of an integrated team environment
- Build relationships with internal and external clients
- Bring an innovative and creative skillset to the design process inclusive of graphic representation
- Support and review conceptual and detailed design packages
- Identify risks and troubleshoot potential solutions
- Support project construction and the administration of construction contracts
- Advocating for the importance of the landscape architecture industry and assisting in raising the profile of the practice
Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of Landscape Architecture and possess a university degree in Landscape Architecture.
Does this list reflect your skills, strengths and abilities?
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development with a proactive approach to achieving these goals.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge in design, detailing, grading, and construction specifications
- Experience using 3D modeling software (hand drawing skills are an asset)
- Ability to manage workloads of multiple projects while prioritizing deliverable deadlines
- Enthusiasm and ability to participate in a collaborative approach to design projects
- Passionate about landscape architecture, design, and visual communication techniques
- Support and eventually lead landscape architecture projects within our integrated consulting team
- Ability to travel intermittently to support project work as necessary and collaborate with team members across the organization
- Strong local market knowledge is an asset
- Registered in the province of British Columbia as a landscape architect
- A Class 5 BC Drivers license (Required for site visits)
Salary range: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year