Make a difference for the environment as one of our innovative and creative problem solvers teaming together to create cutting-edge design solutions in our award winning architectural and landscape architectural studio. Always learning, not content with status-quo, we encourage individual and team development and continually exceed client expectations in various dimensions.
Seeking a proactive team player for our Chilliwack office with passion for designing outdoor spaces that inspire. Design experience and visual communication skills will be key in all aspects of landscape architecture, specifically concept design, design development, construction documentation, contract administration, site work and reporting. Open to Interns working towards their Landscape Architecture designation.
Each team member is truly valued with collaboration and open communication essential, plus opportunities for growth encouraged with dynamic projects in education & community facilities, affordable & care housing, and mixed use, residential, & commercial. Continually expanding, SOA’s projects extend from the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island, to urban Vancouver and suburbs, through the Okanagan to BC’s interior and beyond.
What's behind the growing movement to BC's lower mainland? (https://youtu.be/GKYn3Z10UnI)
- Canada’s warmest winter climate
- an outdoor mecca - surrounded by lakes, rivers, mountains, world-class fishing, golfing, hiking and skiing all year round
- the ocean beaches are within an hour’s drive, and Vancouver is next door
- affordable living in an outdoor paradise
- stress relief without commuting into the hectic city
Enjoy Friday afternoons off in Summer, and don’t get stuck in a rut – love where you work! Click on www.soarchitects.com to see your potential, and connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up on the latest SOA culture.
- University degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent, or accredited Landscape Architectural Technologist program
The ideal candidate will be a team player is:
- Proficient in REVIT, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, MS Office
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Landscape Architecture
- Organized, able to work well independently, multi-task and prioritize with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong in grading, planting design and landscape construction knowledge
- Excellent in English written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Organized, able to work well independently, multi-task and prioritize with multiple deadlines in a creative, high performance culture.
- A love for learning, to grow in their position and likes a challenge.
This full-time position based on a 37.5 hour week offers a competitive salary including full health & dental benefits, premiums paid for by SOA. Apply by emailing your cover letter, resume and maximum 10 page PDF portfolio to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.