Who We Are
EDA Planning and Urban Design is an award-winning Edmonton based, boutique style firm that designs places with a respect for the land and the people who use it. We believe our people are our most important asset and investing in them a key component of our office culture. Our team works on a wide range of projects in a variety of scales, from corridors, neighbourhood renewals, and regional trails; to individual site design, parks, streetscapes, plazas and custom detailed design.
We are dedicated to finding original solutions that bring together built and natural surroundings to create functional and special places. Our solid reputation stands on more than 35 years of helping private and public sector clients develop innovative, technically sound and environmentally responsible projects. As an office we believe it is essential to work closely with clients and peers to deliver projects that are collaborative, insightful and meaningful.
Each of our team members work collaboratively to manage and deliver projects from concept design through implementation. This includes preparation of presentation materials, working drawings, assist in preparation of specifications, cost estimates, assisting clients with the tendering process and provide contract administration services.
Who We Are Looking For
With the diversity of project types we undertake, EDA is seeking well rounded candidates who are eager to learn, grow and develop, have intuitive design sense, strong and accurate drawing and technical skills, an understanding of contract documents, capable contract administration skills and writing and design proficiency to assist with the authoring well-structured design documents.
EDA Planning + Urban Design is looking for a design professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and comfortable working within a team setting or independently. As a member of our team, you would be liaising with clients and municipalities to deliver project work in addition to working with a broader team to complete project work.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology or equivalent
- Between 3-5 years of consulting experience is preferred
- High aptitude and acumen for design in a diverse range of projects
- Strong understanding of construction, materials and implementation practices
- Well versed with plant material, plant communities and climactic zones
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Google Docs is required
- Proficiency with Sketchup, Lumion, Land f/x
- Demonstrated project experience with Revit is considered an asset
- GIS education and training, and software experience with QGIS considered an asset
- Working knowledge of inspections and application processes with the City of Edmonton and surrounding municipalities is an asset
- Eligibility for full membership or associate membership with the AALA is considered an asset
Our team members enjoy a work-life balance with flexible hours, competitive benefit package, a stable family-like work environment, support for continuing education opportunities and annual bonus.
Salaries and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Include in your application:
- Resume - CV
- Submission of a portfolio in PDF format
- Note your proficiency with applicable applications and areas of experience
We thank all candidates; however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.