KD Planning & Design is looking for a Landscape Designer to join their team in Vancouver or Abbotsford BC
The Landscape Designer will work closely with the Landscape Architecture and Arborist team to ensure that designs are functional, safe, sustainable and cost-effective.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce detailed drawings and specifications with AutoCAD.
- Follow the project design requirements as set out by the Landscape Manager and Senior Design Lead on each project.
- Coordinate landscape designs with other in-house engineering and design disciplines.
- Prepare design presentations.
- Prepare cost estimates, create drawing details.
- Conduct site inspections and construction reviews.
- Liaise with clients, contractors, and government approval agencies.
- Meet project deadlines and timelines. Respond to clients in a timely, respectful, and collaborative manner.
- Collaborate with other team members and outside professionals in delivering quality production and exceptional client service. Meet the Krahn Group design standards and criteria.
- Conduct post-project reviews to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Take on additional responsibilities as required.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental benefits
- Beneficial tax savings with company-supported RSP
- Banked overtime
- Professional development opportunities
- Work-life balance
- Reward and recognition policies
- Monthly social events
Preference will be given to candidates with a degree or diploma in Landscape Architecture.
Preference will be given to candidates with 2+ years of experience.