PMG Landscape Architects Ltd. is searching for 1 landscape designer to join our design team.
Our firm portfolio is diverse, varying from small scale residential projects to multi-family developments, industrial business parks, commercial projects, public parks, and streetscape improvements throughout Metro Vancouver, wider British Columbia and Alberta. The PMG team is well recognized in the Lower Mainland as a professional, award-winning firm with a reputation for quality work.
As part of our design team, you will participate in project delivery from all major aspects of landscape architectural practice: design development, construction documentation and contract administration. We value strong concept development, drawing, drafting and communication skills.
We are located in Burnaby at the Willingdon Business Park: ideally located for travel between all local municipalities by car, Skytrain or by bicycle on the adjacent Central Valley Greenway. Willingdon Business Park also hosts weekly food truck offerings, several cafes and lunch counters and two employee-free-access fitness centres. PMG fosters a strong work-life balance and offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a competitive benefits package.
A degree from a recognized Landscape Architecture program (MLA/BLA).
- 0-5 years of experience working in the field of landscape design; registration or willingness to become registered with the BCSLA is considered an asset;
- Strong graphic communication skills with demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Thorough attention to detail and organization;
- Knowledge of local horticulture and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge to a plan or a site;
- Familiarity with local Municipal Bylaws is favorable;
- An independent, self-starting work ethic;
- Strong English written, verbal and visual communication skills;
- Able to work as part of a team and demonstrate a high level of professionalism;
- Comfort with presenting projects.