LANDSCAPE DESIGNER – Open positions at each of our studios in VANCOUVER, FORT LANGLEY & KELOWNA, BC
VDZ+A has recently expanded the reach of our firm to the Okanagan, one of Canada’s fastest growing regions. This expansion, along with our established offices in Vancouver and Fort Langley, will allow us to support a growing client list with projects spanning BC and Western Canada.
We have exciting openings at all 3 of our studios for a Landscape Designer with 2+ years of work experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong design sense and be willing to collaborate and communicate openly. As part of our team, you will report directly to senior staff and assist on a wide range of both pubic and private projects.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a growing team of innovative landscape architects, civil engineers, certified arborists, and graphic specialists. We are a vibrant, multi-disciplinary firm with over 20 years of experience. Our diverse portfolio includes parks and recreation, mixed-use and multi-family development, and institutional design.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
Our firm is proud of our ability to ‘get things built’ and our designers stay involved from concept through technical design and construction. We believe that everyone has valuable ideas that contribute to innovation across complex projects. We can consider all these ideas through small team collaboration directly between senior landscape architects and junior designers. Whether you work out of our Vancouver, Fort Langley, or Kelowna studio, you will collaborate with a team of 30+ talented professionals across all our offices.
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Working drawings
- Assisting in preparation of specifications
- Cost estimates
- Assisting clients with the tendering process
- Providing contract administration services.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture or related profession;
- Minimum 2 years work experience as a landscape designer/architect.
- Ability to collaborate with a design team virtually and in person.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Competent use of AutoCAD and LandFX to produce construction drawings.
- working knowledge of 3D modelling software including Sketchup, Rhino and/or Revit.
- Confident sense of design and landscape aesthetic.
- Strong understanding of construction processes and construction administration.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a wide range of project types.
- Comfortable in a team environment and ability to develop designs collaboratively.
- Advanced working proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Work experience in British Columbia is a strong asset.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT VDZ
- Competitive salary ranging from $28-36/hour commensurate with experience.
- Regular salary reviews
- Group benefits (including dental and extended coverage)
- Group Retirement RRSP plan
- Future option to relocate to our one of our other offices.
- Work on diverse projects
- Work within a small team and receive mentorship and development; and
- Relaxed dress code and atmosphere.
- Opportunity to join our WorkSmart program that provides staff the chance to work both in the office and remotely.
Please specify which location you are applying for, Vancouver, Fort Langley or Kelowna.