Murdoch de Greeff Inc. is seeking a landscape designer/intern or a landscape technologist with 1-2 years of experience to join our Victoria team. MDI specializes in natural systems and integrated design solutions, and tailors each project to its site-specific conditions and program. We work on a wide range of projects including multifamily, commercial, educational, park, and urban design settings. No matter the scale or setting, Murdoch de Greeff strives to create engaging and beautiful landscapes that fit context, and that enhance or restore natural systems in the long term.
Our office has a diverse background and includes LA.s’, urban designers, biologists, and planners. Our projects provide a variety of planning and design areas for employees to explore. Because we are a small office, members of our team get the opportunity to pitch in on a wide range of tasks and are expected to take on leadership roles commensurate with their abilities and experience. The ideal candidate will have a BLA or MLA degree or a Technical Diploma in landscape design and is a creative, organized, and self-motivated individual. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the design and construction process. We offer a casual work environment, competitive wages, and flexible hours.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of drawing sets from Development Permit through to Construction/IFC documents.
- Develop construction details and organize specifications.
- Develop landscape materials, layout, grading and planting plans.
- Set-up and import a variety of file types and coordinate with clients and various design professionals.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates and other project supporting documents.
Skills and Attributes:
- A recent graduate with BLA/MLA degree or a Technical Diploma in Landscape Technology with 1-2 years experience in a team-based setting.
- Proven computer experience (Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Office, Creative Suites, Sketchup). Our firm uses Vectorworks software. A working knowledge of VW would be an asset. Equally important is drafting experience and good technical drafting skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and self-motivation.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of grading and drainage problem solving.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Free hand drawing/sketching skills an asset.
- Knowledge of plants is important-horticulture background would be an asset.
- Good understanding of construction process and design detailing.
Application: Please submit your resume and examples of CAD/graphic work for consideration. We’d like to thank you in advance for your interest. We will only contact suitably qualified applicants if we wish to set up an interview.