Murdoch de Greeff Inc. is seeking a landscape designer/intern or a landscape technologist with 0-1 years of experience to join our Victoria team. MDI specializes in natural systems and integrated design solutions, and tailors each project to its site-specific conditions and program. We work on a wide range of projects including multifamily, commercial, educational, park, and urban design settings. No matter the scale or setting, Murdoch de Greeff strives to create engaging and beautiful landscapes that fit context, and that enhance or restore natural systems in the long term.
Our office has a diverse background that includes LA.s’, urban designers, professional biologists, and planners. Our projects provide a variety of planning and design areas for employees to explore. Because we are a small office, you will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of tasks and are expected to take on leadership roles commensurate with your abilities and experience. The ideal candidate will have a BLA or MLA degree or a Technical Diploma in landscape design and is a creative, organized, and self-motivated individual. We offer a casual work environment, competitive wages, full benefits, and flexible hours. We encourage in-office work for mentoring and collaboration, while providing flexibility for remote work as needed to help our employees lead a balanced life. We are moving into a spacious new office studio in mid-January with easy access to the Galloping Goose bike trails. Getting to work couldn’t be easier! MDI also offers a green transportation bonus.
What you’ll do:
Depending on your specific skills and interest, you will:
- Assist in the preparation of drawing sets from Development Permit through to Construction/IFC documents.
- Develop construction details and organize specifications.
- Develop landscape materials, layout, grading and planting plans.
- Set-up and import a variety of file types and coordinate with clients and various design professionals.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates and other project supporting documents.
Application: Please submit your resume and examples of design/graphic work for consideration via email below.
Start Date: Immediately but willing to wait for the right candidate.
BLA/MLA degree or a Technical Diploma in Landscape Technology.
Skills and Attributes:
Our office is always learning and improving-we don’t know everything and we don’t expect you to either. We are looking for someone who can bring some of these skills, is passionate, and who is interested in continued growth in these areas:
- A recent graduate with BLA/MLA degree or a Technical Diploma in Landscape Technology.
- Proven computer experience (Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Office, Creative Suites, Sketchup). Our firm uses Vectorworks software. A working knowledge of VW would be an asset. Equally important is drafting experience and good technical drafting skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and self-motivation.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of grading and drainage problem solving.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Free hand drawing/sketching skills an asset.
- Knowledge of plants is important-horticulture background would be an asset.
- Good understanding of construction process and design detailing.