Parks Infrastructure Manager
Regular Full Time Exempt
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam offers meaningful career opportunities to make a difference within the local community. As the sixth largest city in BC, we are home to more than 150,000 residents. Our diverse municipality is a great place to work as it continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre. Coquitlam Parks is progressive and innovative with a strong focus on connecting with the community and providing exceptional park experiences. We envision a bright future in Coquitlam that we hope includes you!
As one of four experienced and enthusiastic managers reporting to the Manager Parks, our next Parks Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for the creation and oversight of the divisional asset management system, the capital renovation and replacement program and the maintenance of the Parks Infrastructure. The successful incumbent will also develop and monitor assigned budgets, annual and long-range capital asset replacement and operational planning functions.
Our ideal candidate will be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in a team focused, fast-pasted workplace designed to serve the community effectively while having fun. Superior leadership, interpersonal, project management and communication skills are essential requirements complimented by a proven track record of success in promoting and maintaining a work environment which fosters and rewards teamwork, initiative, accountability, diversity, and innovation.
The Parks Infrastructure Manager will have a variety of parks operations and management tasks, including:
- Overseeing the development and enforcement of routine preventative maintenance schedules of equipment and park infrastructure, ensuring maintenance standards are adhered to by staff and contractors, and ensuring damaged items are repaired immediately;
- Health and Safety initiatives such as inspections, policy development, and ensuring the proper and safe operation of all park assets and infrastructure are in alignment with safety standards and regulations;
- Divisional long-term planning activities and consultation with users, the public, external agencies and City management to identify and meet the immediate and future needs of the community;
- Ensuring financial, operational and strategic goals, as well as developing and monitoring assigned budgets, annual and long-range operational and capital planning functions and achieving performance targets;
- Developing meaningful relationships with supervisors, clients, outsourced providers and internal staff leading to timely, safe, and quality outcomes. This will include occasional after-hours support and guidance when necessary;
- Establishing and monitoring operational plans to ensure budget targets are met, quality programs and events are being offered and delivering a high standard of customer service excellence;
- Leadership, direction and supervision to subordinate staff including recruiting and coaching, reviewing and monitoring work performance, and identifying needs for training and development.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Building Technology, Project Management, Asset Management, Trades Qualifications or other related discipline, plus a minimum of 3-5 years related experience, including considerable supervisory and asset management experience. A Driver’s License is also required (with satisfactory driving record).
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you are motivated by the challenges and high-energy demands of this career opportunity, please submit a cover letter and résumé with your application. Applicants under consideration will be required to provide a current Police Information Check (with no adverse reports).
Good people make Coquitlam great, sign up for career alerts through our recruitment portal to stay up to date about opportunities within our team, or follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about how #YouCouldWorkHere too!
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55 pm on October 31, 2021.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.