Are you looking for a full-time career with a company that contributes in a positive way to your community? Habitat Systems, leading provider of commercial grade playgrounds in Western Canada, has a Playground Designer opportunity available. Our designer role collaborates with a team of outside sales representatives using the latest design software (see details below) to create world-class playgrounds for kids within Western Canada. Projects include city parks, new developments, schools and more. Designs are created using equipment from Landscape Structures Inc (LSI). LSI is one of the leading commercial playground equipment manufacturers in the world and has designed, manufactured, and installed more than 50,000 playgrounds worldwide. This position allows for creative design using innovative and inclusive products.
- Manage incoming design requests from sales team to create design layouts
- Design requests include completion of a 2D/3D and supporting proposal files
- Completing name changes & colour changes on existing drawings
- Site plan design creation (outside of playground area) as needed
- Safety checks on design work through LSI to ensure compliance with standards
- Creation of digital and printed design portfolios for sales teams
- Proactive design work (i.e. not project based) to enhance our portfolios
- Shop drawings as requested
- Keeping a design log of work completed
- Occasional attendance at client meetings (ZOOM/or in person) to explain Habitat Systems’ design services
- Position reports to VP
- Comfortable in a position where you are primarily in front of a computer.
- Solid communicator- able to convey ideas verbally, written, and graphically to a wide-range of people.
- Detail oriented - Ability to focus and follow through on a variety of details, compliance regulations, and client/internal requests.
- Savvy computer skills.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Maintains a dependable and predictable work attendance and productivity record.
- Collaborates openly with others as a team player to accomplish organization objectives.
- A creative mind that enjoys a design challenge.
A full list of benefits can be found here: https://indeedhi.re/3SDn1HY
- Certificate from college or technical school; or at least 1+ years of recent related work experience (this requirement is mandatory)
- Experience with programs listed below
- Completion of CPSI (Certified Playground Safety Inspector) Certification within 6 months of employment is required. This certificate cost and the time to complete is paid in full by Habitat.
Proven experience with the following programs…
- AutoCAD 2022
- 3ds Max 2022
- Adobe Photoshop 2022
- Adobe Illustrator 2022
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word