WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager for our Landscape Architecture group in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Manager, Landscape Architecture, the successful candidate will work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team for completion of planning and conceptual design through to construction administration services for a wide variety of landscape architectural projects in the private, public and institutional sectors, often in cooperation with our established LA teams in both Calgary and Kelowna.
- Ability to meet with current and potential clients and develop business leads within Edmonton and other municipalities across northern Alberta;
- Manage and work on projects within the broad scope of landscape architectural practice including master planning, landscape concept and detail design development, construction detailing, urban design, preparation of schematic illustrations and presentation of design work to our clients, the public, and project stakeholder groups;
- Provide cost estimating, detail design services, contract document preparation, tender and contract administration services including inspection and construction management for total project involvement;
- Support a variety of WSP Group disciplines within Western Canada, primarily civil engineering, planning and transportation, with landscape architectural scope of work on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA or MLA) or a similar certification. Candidates with a Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology (LAT) will also be considered;
- 5+ years of work experience in a consulting environment is required. A background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered;
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) with the Alberta Association of Landscape Architects (AALA) and/or British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA) is preferred;
- An established network of contacts and clients in Edmonton and/or northern Alberta would be desirable;
- Solid knowledge of local landscape conditions, drawings and construction standards is preferable;
- Enthusiastic individual with the ability to work as part of a team, a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and communicate with various professional disciplines;
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines;
- Understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation;
- Construction documentation experience would be an advantage in your work at WSP;
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Sketch-Up is important. Hand drawing skills are considered a strong asset;
- Well rounded presentation and communication skills are a necessity;
- Superb time management skills and high level of attention to detail to ensure that work is done correctly and thoroughly; and
- Valid class 5 driver’s license in good standing.